Sunday, October 6, 2013

Today's Haiku, Photo and Musings



Desire nothing
Believe you already have
Everything you need


Haiku is an ancient form of Japanese poetry that I love. Its simple format calls for three lines, containing five syllables in the first, seven syllables in the second and five syllables in the third line, for a total of 17 syllables. I make it a daily practice to write Haiku. 

Today I leave you to think about your thoughts, your wants and your desires. If you go to a place inside your heart where you feel an abundance of gratitude, you will find that all of your desires are coming to you, so you relinquish the need to actually desire anything. 

I also love to take a lot of photographs. Here is a pic of Hampton University's waterfront campus, in Hampton, Virginia. I spent my pivotal developmental days here, as an undergraduate student. I often went to the waterfront alone. That's where I reflected on the meaning of life, wrote stories and poetry, and fearlessly obeyed my muse. The last time
I was on campus I took this photo and all of those warm memories flooded back. 

Now, decades later, as I take into consideration all the golden moments and precious friends I made during those college days and count all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me since, I realize that I can't possibly desire anything else; I have all that I need.  I thank the Creator for channeling the words of this Haiku through me and allow them to resonate: 
Desire nothing
Believe you already have
Everything you need

Asante Sana
Peace & Blessings Always





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post? I'd love to hear them. Thanks!