Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Grateful





The gift of this day
evokes in me a sense of
profound gratitude.

For many of us, this time of year represents an escalated surge of activities.  We’re traveling, visiting, sprucing up, shopping for food and gifts and cooking up all of our special recipes in anticipation of Thanksgiving.  As I prepare for my observance of this holiday with my own precious family and friends, I feel a sense of overwhelming gratitude.


I am so thankful.


Yet I can’t help but to think about all of the families and individuals who are struggling.   The soup lines here in Philly are getting longer and longer. Men. Women. Children. Standing in line for hours just to get a plate of food to eat. And the homeless situation just breaks my heart.


I feel a sense of sorrow for those in the midst of burying loved ones in a season so often associated with joy. And my sympathy also goes out to those among us who are observing Thanksgiving for the first time since the loss of a close loved-one. So as you gather for your merrymaking, and toast the season, please don’t forget to say a prayer and extend a kind gesture for those who are going through.


Asante Sana
Peace and Blessings Always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post? I'd love to hear them. Thanks!