Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Today’s Offering: Try to Love Yourself



Even though I love
myself just as I am, I
still seek improvement

Ever hear that critical voice inside insisting that you are not enough? Is that voice hammering away insisting that if only this, if only that, if only the other, I’d be okay? Have you ever frowned upon seeing a photo of yourself? Or do you ever look in the mirror and cringe? Do you dismiss loving yourself today and think you’ll be okay once you lose the extra pounds, do something with your hair, land a new job or work your way out of debt? I’m here to tell you that you are not alone. I’m also here to tell you that you’re fine just the way you are. You deserve to be loved exactly as you are. You deserve most of all, to be loved by you. Approve of yourself. It’s your birthright to love who you are, right here, right now. The process of self-discovery and self-improvement lasts a lifetime.

Commit to making improvements where you can. But also, please make a conscious effort to silence the critical voice.
Here’s a photo of a bouquet of stunning orange roses I took at a flower stand in New York City earlier this year. Just as these blooms are beautiful, so are you. Inside and out. Find a redeeming quality you love about yourself and bask in it. Glorify the beauty that is you and you alone. The Creator has given you the gift of life.  Honor the life you are living. Give yourself some love today. And contemplate the Haiku I was inspired to write not only for you, but for myself as well:
Even though I love
myself just as I am, I
still seek improvement

Asanta Sana. Peace and Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post? I'd love to hear them. Thanks!