Monday, March 17, 2014

“Grace”

"Fire Scene" photo by Pheralyn Dove
Grace spares us, redeems
us, sees us through hard times and
protects us from harm.

It was one o’clock Sunday morning. The smell of smoke, the sound of sirens, and the intrusion of wildly blinking lights startled me out of my sleep. I quickly realized my next door neighbor’s house was on fire. What a shock to see the billowing smoke and orange flames shooting out of her windows. What a scene to witness. The valiant firefighters rescued my neighbor from the burning dwelling. It took several hours to bring the fire under control. It was after three o’clock in the morning when I was allowed to return to my home. Only a miracle I survived unscathed. Only a miracle my cat was unharmed. Only a miracle the fire did not spread to my house, (which is attached to the house that burned.) I am still in a state of profound gratitude over how grace prevailed. This is no coincidence I survived. There is still work for me to do on this planet. I cannot begin to explain how thankful I feel to be alive. I cannot begin to comprehend the wise words I have heard my entire life: “God’s grace is sufficient.”
Asante Sana. Peace and Blessings Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on today's post? I'd love to hear them. Thanks!